The Georgia Department of Economic Developmentâ
The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) is dedicated to serving veterans, their spouses and employers. GDOL staff can assist veterans with: finding work; transitioning into the workforce; building career skills; credentialing military experience and training; and accessing state and federal veterans services to support veterans, their families and employers. GDOL offers comprehensive services through their Career Centers and additional services online.
- Submitting Job Order Requests
- Filing and Paying UI Taxes
- Submitting Work Permit Job Information
- Filing a Partial Claim
- Tax credit incentives to reduce the cost of hiring new employees
- Advertisement of job opening on State web site
- National Labor exchange web site
- Recruitment assistance, including services onsite at businesses or interviewing at one of our career centers
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- ESGR develops and promotes employer support for Guard and Reserve service by advocating relevant initiatives, recognizing outstanding support, increasing awareness of applicable laws, and resolving conflict between employers and service members.
- Get Local Help
The Technical College System of Georgia provides a unified system of technical education, adult education , and customized business and industry training.
Hire Our Heroes offers resources to employers which make it easier to find veterans with the skills needed to fill job openings..
Many veterans struggle to market themselves effectively. Employers receive resumes every day from veterans, but hiring managers have trouble understanding the military lingo and identifying transferable skills. Hire Heroes believes a solution to the problem is to train job-seeking veterans to find and attain employment, while creating opportunities for employers to meet those veterans.
Employer One Pager
VETLANTA is a club operated exclusively for veteran social and business networking and community service purposes Our purpose is to foster collaboration among Atlanta area businesses to support veteran-orientated initiatives. We seek to strengthen the community of Atlanta through empowering veterans, recognizing their individual and collective skills We network with Atlanta area businesses (including non-profits, education institutions, government agencies), to find those organizations with like-minded values who may have opportunities for veterans. To maximize our impact on current efforts, VETLANTA may become involved with local volunteer opportunities in order to facilitate camaraderie and give veterans a chance to network effectively.
Corporate sponsors of Georgia Techâ